LOCATION : Noida/Delhi NCR
REPORTS TO : CEO
Role Synopsis : This BD professional is the key person responsible for new business development and product development matters related to strategic growth of market categories of specialty chemicals. Builds market position by locating, developing and meeting growth goals by identifying new products, geographies and offerings. This job is a constant challenge and requires a number of skills – understanding of the Polymers and Chemicals industry, end user applications, good business sense includes financial planning, marketing, strategy development and implementation skills. When you are dealing with a new business, the job requires a lot of creative thinking to spot new opportunities and work with the technical teams to create an application or product out of it and to establish rapid growth perspectives within the new market place This position establishes contact and builds relationships with stakeholders that includes all suppliers of SAAN Global understanding their product portfolio and the relevance to SAAN’s existing and new clients and their end user requirements. Translate these market and customers opportunities into solutions creating a distinctive value for customers and SAAN Global including development of sales and marketing collaterals. Working with the sales teams to establish metrics in the target markets.
Responsibilities in detail
• Communicating new product developments to prospective clients & Providing management with feedback
• Translate market and customer needs into
• Develop customer relations by working together with R&D, Marketing, Operations
• Keep a close watch on
• Build a deep understanding of competition in the selected categories
• Lead SAAN’s product´s qualification at prospective customers translating the opportunities into regular sales – commercial.
• Provide Sales volume forecasting and planning,
• Constructing the image of SAAN as a solution provider.
• Overseeing the development of marketing literature & writing reports
• Be the channel to promote execution and to implement the SAAN portfolio of products and solutions in the region
• Taking overall responsibility to report to the CEO on the performance of sales channels and other new business development initiatives or special projects
• Managing the business development team and their efforts. This person will start as an individual contributor growing the team as
• Ensuring close collaboration with the sales teams to grow the business
• A sales or business development professional with 15 years of experience in specialty chemicals
• Chemical engineering degree plus an MBA would be preferred
• Ability to understand and deliver Innovation and applications in the polyurethane or specialty chemical industries
• Ability to work with multiple teams and drive collaboration across multiple departments
• Ability to work with international suppliers and be the face of Saan as a member of the leadership team
• Ability to dive into the details to figure out end customer relationships and applications ?
• An entrepreneurial bent of mind