LOCATION : Noida/Delhi NCR
Responsibilities in detail
- P&L Focus: take ownership of the profitability in the business unit
- Product & sales focus: Responsible for sales efforts at multiple clients and selling product and offerings from multiple suppliers or sources
- Relationships: Manage the relationships with all existing clients and key accounts, also managing their end to end support needs
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of regional sales leads over a period of time
- New Leads: Generate leads for bringing on new clients and build a strategy to monetize them quickly while building a commercial relationship
- New markets: Evaluate opportunities to sell into new industry segments and thereby do the necessary research and develop an understanding of the applications and use cases
- End customer nuances: Educate the clients on effective purchasing and buying strategies
- Supply side developments: Identify and collect information on alternative sourcing channels from the international markets with the Business Development team based on market feedback
- Aggregation: Responsible for all communication between local and international suppliers for meeting the demand generated by the sales team and be the face of Saan.
- Fulfill the transaction: Aggregate and facilitate pricing, negotiations, closure and ongoing annuity business. Work with internal functions like BD, finance, CRM, supply chain and logistics to meet the demand
- Chase metrics: Ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded
- Report metrics: Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Eye on competition: Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques.
- Self-study & innovation: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ownership: Resolve client complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports, and making recommendations to the management
- Prioritize: Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
- Forecast sales to enable operations planning, introduce product innovations and maintain active memberships.
- Qualified Chemical Engineer with an MBA or Masters degree.
- Minimum 15 years’ of experience in Chemical Trading.
- Experience in handling sales of specialty chemicals, FMCG or consumer durables with a regional focus
- Ability to work with a team
- Experience in the polyurethane, or non-polyurethane based industries will be preferred. A dynamic candidate from the polymer or specialty chemicals would be ideal
- Understanding of B2B sales
- Candidates must be willing to travel
- Self-starter and a self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills