LOCATION : Noida/Delhi NCR
REPORTS TO :
Role Synopsis : SAAN is a specialty chemical trading organisation located in the Delhi NCR region with pan India presence. They have an immediate requirement for a Vice President – Sales Lead for their Flexible Polyurethane vertical. This person manages the go to market at a national level. It’s a sales lead role which requires the person to take end to end responsibility. One of the key attributes is to have an entrepreneurial spirit helping the company deliver a robust business. The responsibility for generating new accounts and channels is paramount in order to achieve the sales targets. He manages a portfolio of key accounts and further develops new channels and products with the help of business development team. A key responsibility is to grow the commercial relationship on the assigned key accounts. While prospecting for new accounts & channels to increase market penetration; the role requires the person to test out and lead innovation and relationships in this space. Since this is a national charter, creating and implementing effective sales strategy in line with the overall objectives is a must. The person must have the competence to manage, develop and run with a new team.
Responsibilities in detail
• P&L: take ownership of the profitability in the business unit
• Product & sales focus: Responsible for sales efforts at multiple clients and selling products and offerings from three verticals in their assigned region (PU)
• Relationships: Manage the relationships with all existing clients and key accounts in multiple locations including their end to end support needs
• Team Leadership: Manage a team of regional sales leads
• New Leads: Generate leads for bringing on new clients and build a strategy to monetize them and build a commercial relationship
• New markets: Evaluate opportunities to sell into new industry segments and thereby do the necessary research and develop an understanding of the applications and use cases in the product portfolio
• End customer nuances: Educate the clients on effective purchasing and buying strategies
• Supply side developments: Identify and collect information on alternative sourcing channels from the international markets with the Business Development team based on market feedback
• Aggregation: Responsible for all communication between local and international suppliers for meeting the demand generated by the sales team and be the face of Saan.
• Fulfill the transaction: Aggregate and facilitate pricing, negotiations, closure and ongoing annuity business for all clients and work with internal functions like BD, finance, CRM, supply chain and logistics to meet the demand
• Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing a schedule of visits from Saan reps
• Chase metrics: Ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded
• Report metrics: Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
• Eye on competition: Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques.
• Self-study & innovation: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Ownership: Resolve client complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports, and making recommendations to the management
• Prioritize: Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
• Forecast sales to enable operations planning, introduce product innovations and maintain active memberships.
• Qualified Chemical Engineer, MBA will be given preference.
• Minimum 15 years’ of experience in Chemical Trading.
• Experience in handling sales of specialty chemicals, FMCG or consumer durables
• Experience in the polyurethane, or non-polyurethane based industries will be preferred
• Understanding of B2B sales
• Candidates must be willing to travel
• A dynamic candidate from the poly-urethane or specialty chemicals would be ideal
• Self-starter and a self-motivated individual
• Excellent communication skills