LOCATION : Noida/Delhi NCR
REPORTS TO :
Role Synopsis : SAAN is a specialty chemical trading firm located in the Delhi NCR region with pan India presence. We have an immediate requirement for a Vice President –“Sales Lead” for our Polyurethane (Molded / Rigid / Footwear / C.A.S.E.) vertical. This person manages the go to market at a national level. It’s a sales lead role which requires the person to take end to end responsibility. One of the key attributes is to have an entrepreneurial spirit helping the company deliver a robust business. The responsibility for generating new accounts and channels is paramount in order to achieve sales targets. This role manages a portfolio of key accounts and further develops new channels and products with help from the business development team. Growing the commercial relationship on the assigned key accounts is essential. While prospecting for new accounts & channels increasing market penetration; the role requires the person to test out and lead innovation in products (with help from product development) and relationships in this space. Since this is a national charter, creating and implementing effective sales strategy in line with the overall objectives is a must. The person must have the competence to manage, develop and run with a new team.
Responsibilities in detail
- P&L Focus: take ownership of the profitability in the business unit
- Product & sales focus: Responsible for sales efforts at multiple clients and selling product and offerings from multiple suppliers or sources
- Relationships: Manage the relationships with all existing clients and key accounts, also managing their end to end support needs
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of regional sales leads over a period of time
- New Leads: Generate leads for bringing on new clients and build a strategy to monetize them quickly while building a commercial relationship
- New markets: Evaluate opportunities to sell into new industry segments and thereby do the necessary research and develop an understanding of the applications and use cases
- End customer nuances: Educate the clients on effective purchasing and buying strategies
- Supply side developments: Identify and collect information on alternative sourcing channels from the international markets with the Business Development team based on market feedback
- Aggregation: Responsible for all communication between local and international suppliers for meeting the demand generated by the sales team and be the face of Saan.
- Fulfill the transaction: Aggregate and facilitate pricing, negotiations, closure and ongoing annuity business. Work with internal functions like BD, finance, CRM, supply chain and logistics to meet the demand
- Chase metrics: Ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded
- Report metrics: Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Eye on competition: Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques.
- Self-study & innovation: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ownership: Resolve client complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports, and making recommendations to the management
- Prioritize: Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
- Forecast sales to enable operations planning, introduce product innovations and maintain active memberships.
- Qualified Chemical Engineer with an MBA or Masters degree.
- Minimum 15 years’ of experience in Chemical Trading.
- Experience in handling sales of specialty chemicals, FMCG or consumer durables with a regional focus
- Ability to work with a team
- Experience in the polyurethane, or non-polyurethane based industries will be preferred. A dynamic candidate from the poly-urethane or specialty chemicals would be ideal
- Understanding of B2B sales
- Candidates must be willing to travel
- Self-starter and a self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills